You agree that you have read and understand this website’s Privacy and Cookies Policy as outlined below. If you have any questions about how your personal information gathered through this website might be used, please contact email@example.com.
West & Woodall Real Estate Privacy and Cookies Policy
Your privacy is critically important to us. At West & Woodall Real Estate (including West & Woodall Residential Real Estate, Pickett Sprouse Commercial Real Estate, and West & Woodall Property Management), here are the instances where we might ask for your name and email address:
- When you sign up to receive our Homeowner Resource Guide and/or emails by providing your email address.
- When you provide your email address in order to receive a free product being given away.
- When you contact us through email or through the “Get in Touch” form on our website.
- When you verbally request that we send you information about a specific past, current, or future property.
- If you are a previous or current property management client or tenant signing in through our online portal.
In any of these cases, it is completely up to you whether you provide this information or not. If you do and then change your mind later, that’s perfectly fine too. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by following the directions at the bottom of the emails you receive.
Please read below for more on how and why we use information. The content provided on our site and through our emails will be referred to as “our Services.”
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services – for example, to send you content that you have requested;
- To further develop and improve our Services – for example, by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition – for example, we may analyze the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of West & Woodall Real Estate and others, which may result in us declining the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by West & Woodall Real Estate and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on West & Woodall Real Estate and our services; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular interest or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent – for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, and customer email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of West & Woodall Real Estate or third parties.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Comments and IP Address: If you leave a comment on this site, your IP address may be shared with the administrator(s) of this site.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You would never be identified publicly unless you grant us permission to do so.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it – which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information – and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: Whether you provide your name and email address to West & Woodall Real Estate and our third-party vendors is your choice. If this is not something you feel comfortable with, you should not provide this information.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile app.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can block or deny all cookies by default. You can also allow cookies from a specific site while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Bottom line: We value you and your privacy! If you have any questions about how your personal information might be used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.